jwildfire.org

The official JWildfire forum
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted:Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:03 am 

Could someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong? Every time I update to a new version of J-Wildfire and go in to the preferences to change the version designation in the preferences in the path, I am not doing it correctly, apparently. The last several times I have updated I have had to ask for help and had to actually have some one access my computer thru Team Viewer, and do it for me.

I don't understand what the *#@! I am doing wrong, and I am getting very disheartened. What really gets me is when I first started using J-Wildfire and updating to the newer versions, I didn't have any problem.
I don't understand!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Terry Pratchett

PostPosted:Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

There should be no need to change the preferences after updating Jwildfire because the preferences-file stays unchanged

PostPosted:Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:10 am 

Well here is what I have been doing. When I get the next updated version, I pull out everything except the parameter files, the scripts, the gradients I make, the SVG folder, I keep those in the J-Wildfire proram folder. I change the folder name to reflect that I updated it, (from version 1.02 to 1.03). Then I unzip the new updated version into the J-Wildfire program folder. I reboot the computer, open jwildfire and start working with a flame. Everything except the "your gradients" folder shows up. I rescan the folder, and still none of my gradients show up. So I go up to the menu inside JWF and click the Window menu button, and go to preferences tab.

Since I updated from 1.02 to 1.03 I change the name in the preferences to show 1.03 in the path on all the lines that need to reflect the change. Then I save and exit, reboot, and invoke JWF again. But the gradient folder of my gradients still won't show up after I have rescanned, again.

So I guess, I don't know what I am doing.

Terry Pratchett

PostPosted:Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:07 pm 

Can you post a screenshot of your Preferences window? Maybe I can spot something. Or PM me on Facebook, and we'll use Teamviewer again.