I added a switch as suggested by Andreas. Specifically, I added a parameter "mode" to specify the behavior. Mode 0 will make it work like the apo plugin. Mode 1 will make it work like previous JWildfire versions (and is the default for compatibility). I also added mode 2 to improve precision when x is near ±1 and y is near 0 as proposed by Claude Heiland-Allen at https://mathr.co.uk/blog/2017-11-01_a_m ... ation.html
All three modes will be the same for most flames, but differences will be apparent in some. For example, the one in Light's parameter pack that dark-beam pointed out will be blurred with mode 1. Another example is Claude's test flame at https://mathr.co.uk/blog/2017-11-01_a_m ... tion.flame
, which will have some black holes unless mode 3 is used.
The new version will be included in the next release. If you want to try it sooner, use custom_wf_full and paste in the code from https://github.com/thargor6/JWildfire/b ... cFunc.java