jwildfire.org

The official JWildfire forum
It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:16 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted:Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:00 pm 

when I click on any point of the curve editor windows, hue, sat, or lum, a blur is applied. for example, if I am wanting to adjust the curves on a striped gradient, it is blurred so it is not a smooth gradient.

Also, what happened to the color map tab on the gradient tab. I see the new window there but can not open an image to use.

PostPosted:Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

the first is intended behaviour and was explained in the release notes of version 5.50:
Quote:
- New "Curve Editor" for gradients at the gradient tab. This gives much more control over the final result because it allows a very interactive editing
of the gradient and the flame at the same time. Additionally, it allows more direct control over modifying the colors of a gradient,
making it much easier to create "dramatic" effects.

Internally, each gradient now consist both of the "classic" part of the gradient and three new curves: hue, saturation and luminosity.
Those curves belong to the flames, and are also stored within the flame-files.

When loading an old flame without those curves, or assigning a "classic" gradient to a flame, the color curves are approximated.
This usually is only a very raw approximation, but this is absolutely intended. To reach a very accurate approximation, it would require
to have a lot of curve-points, which would make the curve very hard to edit.

So, there is no exact synchronisation between the gradient and the colors curves, in order to not break existing flames and concepts.
Instead, it is meant as powerful additional tool, whioch is useful in very many cases, but might not be useful in each case.

Only when you start to edit one of the curves, the gradient is synchronized to shape of the curves. When you save and re-load a flame
you can continue the editing of the curves.
Could you post a screenshot or more detailed description of the 2nd problem? (Because it looks normal to me)

Cheers!

PostPosted:Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:19 pm 

This is what I was asking about earlier. There used to be a tab to add an image to use as your gradient, something I love to do. Now that is gone and there is this area but I have not been able to figure out how to do anything with it. Not a big deal for now, I know you are swamped, but I did not want to forget to respond.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted:Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:19 am 
Site Admin

This is crazy, I can not get this behaviour.

What happens when you switch to the Nimbus theme?

Which java-version do you use?

Which desktop resolution do you use?

Which UI-Scale do you use?

Which render resolution do you use?

PostPosted:Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:46 pm 
Site Admin

ok, I think I got it: it occurs when you use a font-scale > 1.0 and have are using some non-standard-theme. I think the only solution will be to disable font scaling on this sub-tab

PostPosted:Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:08 am 

OK, to answer your questions, I have changed very little in the settings for JWildfire except for the font scaling. I do have it set to 1.5. My screen resolution depends on the monitor I have JWF opened on. either 1920 x 1080 or 2560 x 1440 on my new Asus monitor. My Java is the one Rick Sidwell suggested I use AdoptOpenJDK with hotspot 11.0.7.10 (x64). I use the standard UI as it is when you install the software. Boring, I know.
Since 6 has now stopped working I can not try out your solution though. Sorry I did not see your reply sooner. Is there a link for a working version still that I have missed maybe?

PostPosted:Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:14 am 
Site Admin

Font Scale 1.5 is too high in the way that it makes some controls invisible/unusable (which also caused the problem in this case). It also looks like crap, I will add a limit. It is recommended to use a combination of UI scale and font scale

Cheers!

PostPosted:Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:41 am 

Much appreciated. I changed the font size because I was having problems reading things. With the new monitor, the font is really small. I need to figure out the best settings when I get the new version. Thanks for the help.

I have my UI set to 1 at the moment and have changed the font back to 1. what settings do you suggest?
I had no idea you could rescale the UI, but I found out where to do this.

PostPosted:Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:41 pm 
Site Admin

I would start with UIScale = 1.5 and FontScale = 1.0
When the text is too small, then I would try FontScale = 1.2 (together with UIScale = 1.5).

Works fine on 4K.

PostPosted:Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:49 am 

THANKS!!!