jwildfire.org

The official JWildfire forum
It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:39 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Happy New Year 2017!
PostPosted:Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:44 am 

Hello everyone... First, many thanks to Andreas and all other developers who have done such an excellent job so far with JWF! Some of you may know me from Apophysis 2.08 3D hack, or Aporev on DeviantArt. My specialty has been developing fully stereoscopic 3D renderings from Flame fractals, which initially was a challenge since Apo 3D hack is only about 2.5D. It was enough however and once I had the "geometry" worked out I helped to create a script so others wouldn't have to struggle with the details. If you use Apophysis 3D, there are still 3D scripts, flames, and plugins on DeviantArt.

It has been a pleasure getting acquainted with JWF, and a delight to find a number of my 3D plugins from Apo included in the built-in variations here. While this program generates flame fractals, it goes many dimensions beyond where Apo left off... It holds promise for some exciting and exceptional future refinements too.

If anyone is developing Flames and they love being able to navigate around a 3D flame, or make solid flames, it is worth getting acquainted with the stereoscopic viewing and rendering options! A stereoscopic view can help tremendously as you tweak parameters in the design process. You can instantly know, in real time, exactly where that curl of features exists that wasn't there until you started moving a Transform, or changing parameters. It will help you navigate and understand the best locations for Sub-Flames, what sort of motions you might want as you make movies, or where to locate layers for best effect, etc...

Plus, with VR as close as your smart phone, having the ability to share your creations with your friends means inherently needing to have the stereoscopic aspects dialed in. It becomes easy to immerse yourself INSIDE these amazing mathematical wonder-spaces and literally to fly through them, or examine a design from any chosen angle. Wow, dreams come true! Stereoscopic images are easy in JWF!

Feel free to inquire if you have any stereoscopic questions as you enjoy JWF!

Larry_3D_Berlin (aporev)

Post subject: Re: Happy New Year 2017!
PostPosted:Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:16 am 
Site Admin

Hello Larry,
thanks for the kind feeedback and wishes, and welcome to the forums!

Cheers!

PostPosted:Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:07 am 

May be late but it is still the first half of the first month ;) . Like to wish you all a happy New Year as well. :)

PostPosted:Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 pm 

^ Beats me. XD

Happy New Year!