jwildfire-forum.overwhale.com

The official JWildfire/Flamelet forum
It is currently Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted:Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:19 am 

Andreas,

You know what feature I would love to have implemented? I mean really really love? To have the Windows>Fractal flames: Variation Settings dialog be able to export and import saved variation profiles. For instance, I would love to set only the variations active that are great for final transforms, be able to save that profile and open it when I want to scroll through and find a final transform that works great for my project. To have a variations profile that is just the transforms that are blurs saved. A variation profile that has only the cut versions saved, etc. If we could save our own variation profiles with different names of our choosing, we could use them at will and share them with others as well. There are just so many variations now that it would be a good way to cut down or expand your choices depending on what you want to make. The way it is now you can check and uncheck variations you don't or do want to see which is fantastic!!! I would just like to save the settings so I can call them up anytime I choose. I do hope that makes sense to you. I had a little trouble explaining it.

Thanks for your consideration Andreas!

Missy Gainer :D

PostPosted:Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:39 am 

So kind of like a folder structure like windows explorer but you could rename the folders?

PostPosted:Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

Maybe a folder-selection would be a good idea in general? (Would be a huge change, of course.) I also see a problem with this huge list of variations.

PostPosted:Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:28 pm 

I agree, and have had thoughts similar to variation profiles myself. Not really a folder structure; variations could be in multiple folders. More an extension to the Variations Settings window, where you could save sets of selected variations with different names and easily switch to any of the sets to filter the variations that appear in the dropdown. It would be very useful. Not simple to implement.

PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:37 am 

Yes, I think I understand what you all are saying. Kind of like in a graphics program where you can save presets. I would love to unclick all the variations that do not work for final transforms and save a preset that would only show in the variations dropdown the ones I have chosen. Then I could switch to another preset that has all my favorite variations that create great middles for fractals. That sort of thing. That way during creation I wouldn't have every single variation in the drop down box to choose from--just the ones I have chosen. Being able to save that preset would keep me from having to click one at a time in the variation setting dialog under windows. It is hard to make myself clear. I hope you can understand what I'm saying. I'm not even sure I do! :)

Thank you so much for considering this! It would be oh so helpful.

Missy

PostPosted:Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:39 am 

Also, if you do decide to implement this, I would happily beta test it and give my best advice.

Maybe it could look something like this?

Missy

PostPosted:Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:33 am 
Site Admin

I think I understood, I only did not understand the screenshot ;-)

PostPosted:Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:40 am 

The screenshot was to show which dialog box I was referring to, and I put a flame next to the row that could have buttons that we click to save our presets and open our presets.

Thanks!

PostPosted:Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:01 pm 
Site Admin

ok, I will implement this for the next release. But, I can not give a release date yet

PostPosted:Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:35 am 
Site Admin

I'm also thinking of creating meaningful default-profiles, which should also support dynamic updating (when new variations of the same type are added), even if the user has edited them. For example "blur", "3d", "2d" and such.