|About this forum
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||thargor6 [Sun May 19, 2013 2:11 am ]|
|Post subject:||About this forum|
there were some questions about the use of this forum, and I even noticed some kind of confusion. And found some large discussions on Facebook about it, and noticed even a leave of a user. Many of this is very confusing to me, but it reminded me that some clear guidelines may be very helpful. So here we go:
1. The forum is hosted on my own private webspace, i. e., I have to pay for it, which also means it has a certain level of quality of service, but is rather limited in space. So please do not upload any images or huge files to it.
2. This forum is moderated, please report any abuse and such, and expect any solution quickly.
3. Do not feel that you must use this forum. If you are just happy at the Facebook groups or any other community, it is just fine!
4. One the other side, if you want to contribute to the product in any way, please use this forum. It is the place were I can guarantee the most, that no information gets lost.
5. There are really many ways to contribute, and any help is really appreciated, here are some examples:
- create and share gradients
- create and describe a new style of flame fractal (e.g. invent something like a "gnarl" or "splits-elliptic" pattern)
- post a bug report
- have some new idea or suggestion
- share some awesome flame you just found
- share some intersting link/topic
- create a tutorial
- create a script
- do a competition and let people create/share stuff
This are just examples, there are many other things which you can do, I hope I made the idea clear. Be just creative!
And of course, this are only guidelines, if you are unsure if you should post or not, please choose to post
Best regards and have fun here,
|Author:||chronologicaldot [Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: About this forum|
As a suggestion for people who have image files, huge or otherwise: upload them to a free image host. imageshack and photobucket are popular options, and the later you can get into just using a facebook or a twitter account.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC+01:00|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited