jwildfire.org

The official JWildfire forum
It is currently Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted:Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:03 am 

I'm trying to modify PostColorMapWFFunc to use an input frame from a curve, but it's code really comes from AbstractColorMapWF so I can't just use the custom_wf_full variation. I'm trying to use the Custom_Variations_Loader script. I tried just overriding the getCurrImageFilename method as well as the getParameterNames and getParameterValues methods in my PostColorMap2WFFunc.java class, but it silently fails and doesn't display any additional parameters. I could upload code, but it was just https://github.com/thargor6/JWildfire/b ... FFunc.java with https://github.com/thargor6/JWildfire/b ... FFunc.java methods thrown in with @overrides.

PostPosted:Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:38 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure if I get you right, but when you just want to load an image sequence, so it is already implemented.
You must set the param "is_sequence" to 1 and then you can assign a curve to the parameter "sequence_start".
If your sequence uses not 4 digits (e.g, "test00001.png") then you must adjust the parameter "sequence_digits" accordingly (5 in this example).

Cheers!

PostPosted:Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:25 pm 

Yes, I'm aware of this, what I actually want is to loop them and that needs specific control over the displayed frame number.

The line int
Code:
frame = pContext.getFrame() - 1 + sequence_start;
in the definition of
Code:
private String getCurrImageFilename(FlameTransformationContext pContext)
means that it automatically offsets by the current frame number. I could as a hack, make a wave that included the subtraction of the current frame to counter the effects of "pContext.getFrame()" inside the flame file, but that adds more places for me to do things wrong and would be a pain to adjust.

PostPosted:Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:05 am 
Site Admin

ah, I see. I did not use this variation for a while, but the current behaviour does not sound very intuitive. I think, we should not change/break the current behaviour, but maybe introduce another optional param, which receives the frame

Edit: I think the current behavior originates from times before motion curves, so there was no other choice to increment the frame number