jwildfire.org

The official JWildfire forum
It is currently Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted:Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:01 am 

Hi Andreas,

I would like to make a suggestion for a future release. Would there be a way to add a color picker (or eye dropper) tool to the background pick a color tool?

This is what I must do now to pick a color for a flame background. I create my flame, take a screen shot of it or the gradient. Open that in my graphics program, paste it in there. Then I use the graphics program's color picker/eye dropper tool to grab the color from my flame or the gradient screenshot that I would like to have as the fractal background. I then copy the html color code, go back to JWildfire, click on the RBG tab, paste in the color code and then select that as part of the background color. If I want several background colors from the gradient or flame, I then go back to the graphics program and do it all over again until I have all the background colors I wish to use. If we had a color picker tool I could just slide that over to the flame or the gradient and pick my color. It would be so cool. I hope you will think about it.

Thanks!
Missy :D

PostPosted:Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:18 pm 

If I remember correctly this has been asked for before and I think it was denied (correct me if I am wrong) but I researched other tools to do that and the easiest one I found to use was this https://annystudio.com/software/colorpicker/ and I use it, maybe it will help others too, it at least saves all the back and forth.

PostPosted:Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:27 pm 

Thank you Amorina. I will assume it was denied do to no response. I will download that app you mentioned. Thank you for responding!

Missy

PostPosted:Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Not replying to a thread after 4 days does not mean it has been rejected.

PostPosted:Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:05 pm 

Oh, I'm sorry Andreas. I am patient. However long it takes to get a response is just fine with me. Thank you for taking the time to think about it. :D

Missy

PostPosted:Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

It seems that it can not be done:

From within a java-program I can not receive events from other programs. So,
when I move the mouse outside JWildfire, e.g. in Photoshop, I get no more notification
that the mouse was moved and where the mouse is, in order to read the background color there. So it is not possible to create an eye dropper which works as expected.

I have seen a hack which creates a screenshot from the current desktop and displays it when using the eye-dropping function, but this seems not a reliable option to me. (What is if the user has mutiple monitors, using Mac Sidecar etc.)

So, I suggest to use an external (native) tool, as also suggested by Amorina.

Cheers!

PostPosted:Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:27 am 

I appreciate you checking into it! Thank you. :D